Ahead of Cyber Scotland Week on the 22-28th of April we want to make all schools aware of the new Digital Schools Awards Cyber Resilience Internet Safety Badge (CR-IS):
What is CR-IS and what do schools need to know:
- CR-IS is a Special Recognition Badge for Cyber Resilience and Internet Safety
- This is the first initiative of its kind to be delivered in Scotland
- CR-IS has been designed to provide education professionals with the resources and support required to help pupils safely navigate the digital world
- The framework has been developed by Digital Schools Awards in partnership with Education supported and is supported by Scottish Government, Child Protection Unit & Police Scotland
- CR-IS is open to both primary and secondary schools
- Participation is FREE
- Schools can apply for CR-IS without going for The Digital Schools Awards or it can be done in conjunction with their application to become a Digital School
- There are the four steps in the programme:
- All questions are compulsory; however documentation or evidence may cover many statements. You are not required to upload evidence for every statement. All evidence will be reviewed prior to the validation visit.
- Schools can register online at www.digitalschoolsawards.co.uk/user/register . If your school is already registered simply log-in, go to the My Self Evaluation Menu and select Special Recognition for Cyber Resilience and Internet Safety.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for help/further information